Vacancy for a TVET-Expert
We believe that young people with the right skills entering the job market are an important part of a system change. Are you excited about accelerating the progress of SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth? Are you keen on working in a start-up environment with a great team in Kathmandu, Nepal? If this is you, apply today! We are looking for you.
What do we offer?
- Creative space to develop and test your ideas in a dynamic environment.
- Intercultural start-up environment and open feedback culture.
- Access to a growing network of Nepalese and German companies and organizations.
- Being part of a system change.
What will you do?
- Improve the quality of apprenticeship training (dual training) through developing training manuals, evaluation tools, and company-specific curriculum, training the company trainers, and facilitating technical presentations in the workshops with companies involved in apprenticeship training.
- Development of a general ToT (Training of Trainers) for TVET (technical vocational education and training) in Nepalese companies, considering the Nepalese context and wishes of the companies.
- Adaptation of the ToT to different sectors and professions.
- Reach out and select companies to test the adapted ToT training. Train the future trainers in the companies. Accompany the trainers to use their new skills to work on upskilling and gap skilling of the existing teams in the companies.
- Work with the new TVET trainers in the companies to start working with the youth from the vocational training centers.
- Develop summative and formative evaluation tools for trainees and trainers within the curricula framework of CTVET.
- Start creating a structure and procedures (blueprint) to multiply ToT training in the long run in other companies and the complete vocational training sector.
- Develop tailor-made competency-based training courses which can be used in companies and are adapted to their needs. This is done using methods of the need analysis, the analysis of learning gaps, the didacticization of teaching content, the development of competence-based tasks and their evaluation, and the implementation of a continuous improvement process (quality circle).
- Guide teaching faculties in developing effective lesson plans and delivery skills. This is done by specifying the curriculum (macro didactics) in a lesson plan (micro didactics).
- Lead the capacity building of the NSST team in the TVET sector and train the team to become multipliers.
- Enhance collaboration in the TVET sector.
- Establish an active involvement of the private sector in vocational training.
- Build up a structured reach out to TVET stakeholders to get closer to the different players in the field.
- Create exchange forums for the stakeholders of the TVET sector, including vocational training institutions with representatives of the corresponding mandated government institutions (including the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training, CTEVT), the private sector, (university) schools, and experts from the sector.
- Execute events for TVET stakeholders.
- Create positive content about vocational training, which can be used on different media channels to create a better TVET image in the country.
- Support the promotion of dual training elements with a gender focus and the importance of a socially and environmentally compatible working environment.
- Guide trainers in developing digital teaching and learning materials (e.g., Moodle)
What should you bring along?
- Proven professional experience in curriculum and training development and training delivery in the TVET- sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the implementation of TVET- projects with a focus on private-sector engagement and workforce development.
- Experience working with businesses, government organizations, chambers, unions, sector associations, and training institutions.
- Experience engaging the private sector in TVET training and projects.
- Demonstrated capacity for coordination, networking, and task management.
- Excellent people skills, communication skills, intercultural competencies, networking skills, and persistence.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and respond to emerging opportunities and overcome barriers.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Knowledge of the Nepalese TVET Qualification Framework is an advantage.
- Fluent writing, reporting, and presentational skills in English are a must.
- Fluency in Nepalese, any other ethnical language spoken in Nepal and German is an advantage.
What do we do?
NSST is a Nepalese- German skills training initiative. NSST uses the Triple Win approach – a holistic concept that ensures that young Nepalese, Nepalese companies and German companies benefit. We are working on building a good ecosystem for dual TVET in Nepal, creating excellent career opportunities for Young Nepalese on different levels and helping companies to get quality-skilled people.
How to apply at NSST?
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The TVET expert position is a full-time position in Kathmandu. We are excited to get your application!